Saturday, October 4, 2008

Is the Grinch Stealing Christmas this year ( 2008)?

Well, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and you know what that means- Christmas Presents! That means Christmas shopping and of course much of that shopping is done online. I first started to buy Christmas presents online about 5-6 years ago. These days I do much of my shopping online.

I am seeing a lot of sites that are predicting the Grinch is coming this year, however. Apparently a Barclay's forecast is saying christmas sales are slowing down this year. But if you dig further it's not that big a deal. Online Christmas shopping is GROWING. It's just not growing as much as last year. And internet Christmas shopping is growing faster than any other type of shopping or store.

The reality is, even if the economy slows down christmas gift giving this year, shopping on the internet will still be strong. Just not crazy growth like we've seen before.

I must admit, financial considerations might curtail my own shopping this holiday season, but it will never dampen my Christmas Spirit!

No comments: